Vorys Health Care Advisors LLC (VHCA) helps health care providers, business decision makers, professional associations and other stakeholders deal with the challenges of a complex, rapidly changing state and federal health care environment. Led by President Maureen M. Corcoran, a veteran health care professional with a unique combination of public policy, financial and clinical experience, the VHCA team offers its clients the kind of counsel that leads to well-informed decisions – and strategic action.
VHCA has expertise in health care, services for children, behavioral health care, developmental disabilities, aging and community-based services. Our unique combination of experience and creativity allows us to deliver smart, effective solutions in a number of areas, including:
- System change and organizational behavior in a dynamic health care policy environment
- Federal health care reform, particularly as it relates to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010
- Medicaid policy, reimbursement and associated provider tax issues
- Managed care plans and other care coordination strategies
- The operation of health homes and the development of model accountable care organizations
- Management guidance for physicians, hospitals, home health/hospice and palliative care providers, FQHCs, long-term care facilities and ICF-MRs
- EPSDT and issues associated with services and financing of children’s health care
- Health information technology, quality measurement and provider responsibilities associated with the use of technology
- Government relations, both state and federal
With more than 25 years of experience as a clinician, policy maker and administrator – along with her expertise in Medicaid programs, health care finance and quality improvement – Corcoran has a wide range of knowledge and skill sets. She and the VHCA team are committed to tailoring solutions that match each client’s goals, needs and aspirations.
Who We Are:
Maureen Corcoran: Maureen is President of Vorys VHCA. She helps health care providers, business decision makers, professional associations and other stakeholders deal with the challenges of a complex, rapidly changing state and federal health care environment. Prior to joining Vorys Health Care Advisors, Maureen Corcoran directed all policy and program initiatives for the state of Ohio’s Medicaid program. For a period of 14 years beginning in 1984, Maureen held several state government positions. She provided active leadership in the development and execution of 14 state biennial budgets.
Marisa P. Weisel: Marisa is a senior advisor with VHCA. She has significant experience in public policy and advocacy. Marisa has worked on a variety of health policy topics, including Medicaid benefits and reimbursement; physician fee schedules; Affordable Care Act; state health reform; medical education; tobacco cessation; immunizations; telemedicine and telehealth; clinical guidelines; and opioid abuse/overdose issues. Marisa’s has worked with the Ohio Department of Medicaid and the Governor’s Office of Health Transformation.